If you're new here, then my twin sister, Charisma, and I review games that we've either played in the past, games that we are currently playing, and games that are new-and-upcoming games that we're interested in.
Before we get started, I would like to state that all of the images are ones that I've personally have taken during the game. Please be respectful of the images and do not use them as your own. Thank you!
Today's game is the LoveLive! School Idol Festival from the Google Play store. Before playing this game, I've watched some of the Love Live! anime, which was absolutely amazing. From the singing to the real-life situations, it was a show that I could get into and enjoy. Unfortunately, I was only able to watch a couple of episodes, so I don't know a lot about the show.
I knew about this app before I installed it, but I didn't have a phone then. Now that I finally got a phone I immediately downloaded it and... I waited.
Yes, oh yes. This game takes up a LOT of MB. This game takes up 789MB and that's with all its updates. With a good Wi-Fi signal, the whole download should only take about 5 - 10 minutes, so it wasn't a very long wait, but I wasn't expecting to wait for this particular game. Before the large download session, there is an option of 'LIGHT' and 'STANDARD'. The 'LIGHT' option is where you play the game and only update the game to progress and there was the 'STANDARD' option where you could download the whole game and the only thing that you had to download was the 'BUG FIX' updates/new features. Since I wanted the full game, I chose 'STANDARD', so I'm not sure how 'LIGHT' works. Also, regarding Wi-Fi, this game only works with Wi-Fi. I've tried multiple attempts to play the game without it, but it is strictly a 'Wi-Fi Only' game.
I, personally, think that you have a lot of freedom in this game. Once you finish the tutorial (which I neglected to take screenshots of) the game is really simple. To put it simply, as someone could easily make a basic explanation complicated, depending on the type of circle you type and/or press. If anyone's played a Hatsune Miku Project Diva or Project Mirai DX, then it's very close to gameplay in that sense, except on a mobile device.
The game starts you off with the setting of 'Easy' and, as I've never really played a game like this before, I was having a tough time. I got the controls of the game rather quickly, but I wasn't prepared when I decided to switch the mode to 'Normal'. It was at the same beat as the previous mode, yes, but there were a lot more circles to touch and they were just flying all over the screen. I would highly advise starting with 'Easy' to memorize the songs a bit and then slowly working yourself to a higher mode setting.
On the lower part of the image above, you see 'Home', 'Story, 'Members', 'Live Shows', 'Scout', 'Shop', and 'Other'.
There are definitely a lot of places to remember in this game, so let me dive deeper into each:
- HOME - This is where you can access your Goals, Presents, Mailbox, What's New, Events, and Friends List/Requests. Also, to the left of the screen, you can see your Idol Partners (you can have more than one).
- STORY - Depending on if you are on the Aqours or μ's setting (which you can change in the upper left-hand corner), you can access different stories. The Aquors is a new group (from the anime LoveLive! Sunshine) and μ's is the first LoveLive! group.
- MEMBERS - This is where you can practice with your members so that they can grow their skills and it's also where you can see all the members of your team (and overall) as well as idolize members.
- LIVE SHOWS - This is where you get to chose the song you want to perform, the difficulty of the song, and pick the team (as you can have more than one team).
- SCOUT - This is where you find new members for your team! You can get either μ's or Aqours or new members during a scouting mission. Scouting missions usually take a scouting ticket or something else (I'm not exactly sure what it is at the moment).
- SHOP - This is where you can purchase (with your Love Gems) more Life Points (LP), where can purchase Love Gems as well as Increase Member Limit.
- OTHER - To sum it up, it's pretty much just Settings. Only to list a few, you have access to ranking, your profile, some wallpapers, hints, albums, etc.
And that's the overall game! Since the game is super intense, I was unable to take a few screenshots of the actual game. Once more, I took all these images myself using the screenshot feature on my cell phone.
If you want to get this game yourself, I would highly recommend it! Overall, I would give it 4½ stars! Also, if there are any games that you would like to see me play, please suggest them in the comments!