Run-Time: 2 Hours 18 Min.
[Google] Description: Peter Quill and his fellow Guardians are hired to by a powerful alien race, the Sovereign, to protect their precious batteries from invaders. When it is discovered that Rocket has stolen the items they were sent to guard, the Sovereign dispatch their armada to search for vengeance. As the Guardians try to escape, the mystery of Peter's parentage is revealed.
Director: James Gunn
Trailer: We are not providing a trailer to this specific movie. I watched the movie before I watched the actual trailers and while I was researching for the images and such for this specific post, I had watched both of the available trailers. Much to my disappointment, both of them summed up the entire movie.
My Thoughts: The movie was great. I liked it a lot. We got new characters, new planets, and constant characters. Yet, there was a lot that didn't please me about the movie. Lack of development and unanswered questions. But before we get into the bad stuff, let's hear what I liked about the movie.
- Some of the characters came back strong and ready. In the last movie, we were getting to know everyone. Yet in this movie, we were able to see development in the backstory and growth within some of the characters.
- The setting was beyond amazing. There were new planets and new creatures to accompany the new and wondrous worlds. One planet, in particular, was beyond beautiful. There were so much life and energy specifically to that one planet that I was astounded (I'm really not sure how to describe the planet for you).
- The villains were better than ever in this movie. They had more life and vigor to them and there was a whole lot more determination in this group than in the past.
- The songs that they chose were catchy, upbeat, and applicable. I, personally, felt as though there was a lot more in this movie than in the previous one, which made it more exciting and enjoyable.
- The graphics and visuals were strong and booming. I cannot stress to you ENOUGH how gorgeous this movie was. Take my word for it.
- There were lots of funny parts and they cursed a whole lot less, which is very nice.
Now, we're on to the things that I didn't like about the movie.
- Gamora felt flat. In the first movie, she was a headstrong woman and she was fierce. But in this movie, she was still that, but once they got onto the main planet, she became incredibly soft. Having such a major character becoming flat is very sad. Maybe it's only me, but that was incredibly disappointing for me.
- They did not answer many to most of the questions from the last movie and then they went on to add more questions. I hated that. I want to watch a movie where I know at least a few of the questions will be answered. Yet none was.
- They introduced a few characters and they acted as though you already knew them. NO. How am I supposed to connect with characters, who I obviously know are going to be MAJOR CHARACTERS if I don't know who they are? J-Just none of that is right! I got really mad at that fact.
There is still cursing in the movie, but I think that was the only bad thing about this movie.
And those are my thoughts! If you've watched the movie, what did you think about it? Did you enjoy it or were there some parts that you didn't like?
Overall, I'm rating this movie 3½ stars.